Monday, September 2, 2013

By Request: Some Workouts

I was asked today if I would post some links to my favorite workouts on my blog.  My favorite ones range from 10 minutes to 55 minutes, and they're all possible to do in your house with little to no equipment.  I love that because I don't have to be sweaty in gross in the gym; I can just flail around all uncoordinated in my living room and nobody will judge or stare.  So if you're looking for some fun workout videos, here are my top 8:

*Disclaimer: These videos are mainly geared towards women, but that doesn't mean they don't work just as well for guys.  Give it a try!

This is great for if you're just starting workouts again.  Pilates is nice and low-impact, but it's awesome for toning your body.  This particular workout is about 30 minutes long and she introduces you to form, breathing, and all that good stuff you need to do pilates successfully.

Once you're comfortable with the beginners video, this is a nice step up.  It's still not too difficult, but you will feel the burn in your abs when she does that portion.  This workout is about 15 minutes long.

This workout is short (10 minutes) but VERY worth it if you're trying to tone up your arms.  Unless you already work out your arms a lot, you're going to be sore.  In a good way.
*Edit: I just did this one...it wasn't nearly as difficult as I remembered it.  Maybe I'll feel differently tomorrow though :P

Now we're moving into the ones that are a little bit more intense.  This one's not too bad, but she will work you.  The workout only lasts about 20 minutes, it's easy to follow along with, and it's pretty fun.

This one will make you hate Jillian a bit more.  Probably because this is a 55 minute workout.  I love this video for the circuits.  It's good to change up the type of exercise you're doing, and Jillian changes it up enough so your muscles don't get too exhausted, but you are working.

My favorite right here.  It's a 40 minute video with lots of punching and a little bit of kicking.  I think Chris is what makes it so fun though; she cheers you on and just looks so darn excited the entire time.

Another 40 minute workout with Chris, but this one hurts more (once again, in a good way).  This workout uses circuits a lot more too; she alternates between strength and endurance.  You need hand weights for this one; a set of 10 lbs and a set of 5 lbs should work great.

I put this one last not because it's especially long (15 minutes) or hard, but because it's the hardest to follow along with.  He moves very quickly and if you don't know your calls and you aren't watching closely it's easy to get lost.  It is a good workout though.

I mentioned it in one of the descriptions, but remember to change up your workouts.  Throw in some running or some weights-only days to give your body a bit of rest.  And, of course, drink a lot of water!

I would tell you that exercise is only a quarter of the battle and that if you're trying to lose weight or tone up changing your diet is a necessary part of your plan, but who am I kidding?  Well, no, I said that wrong.  DIET IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART.  I just won't tell you my diet because I'm a stinking hypocrite and I don't eat well.  You should though.

Feel free to post your favorite workouts in the comment section!

No comments:

Post a Comment