Thursday, June 26, 2014

A House without the Web

So remember how I said we got a new place?  And I was all excited about it?  I left something out: we don't have internet.  We could have internet, if we wanted it, but The Man and I opted out.  And guess what?  I can survive without internet at home!

There were a few things that went into our decision, including our mutual addiction to Netflix and my addiction to just being on the computer all the time when I'm bored.  No internet at home means when The Man comes home from school, we have to spend time together, and not just sit next to each other on the couch looking at cat videos.  No internet means we have to plan ahead when we want to go do things (like looking up movie times earlier on in the day when The Man's on campus).  No internet means I'm reading more books, hanging out in the yard, and organizing my house more.  No internet is actually pretty cool sometimes.

On the downside, I CAN'T be spontaneous about some things.  I don't have the ability to look up exercise videos anymore.  When I want to learn about something new (or I'm having an argument with the man about some piece of trivia), I have to go to campus to learn/answer the question.  Also, Netflix just released the 7th season of Doctor Who.  Like, the day that we moved.  Seriously not cool.

I'm still not sure how I feel about having no internet at home.  I just might die when I'm stuck at home in the winter with a newborn.  First world problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment