Monday, July 13, 2015

The Amazing Squooshi!

Stormageddon loves those squishy food packs.  If you’re a mother you probably know the things I’m talking about – they usually have applesauce, a fruit mix, a veggie mix, or some type of yogurt concoction inside.  I love them too: less mess, really easy to throw into the diaper bag, he can feed himself with it, win-win-win!  This post isn’t just for mothers though, because those squeezy things aren’t just for babies; I’ve totally seen adults chowing down on a squeezy applesauce pack.

So those squishy things.  Convenient, but quite expensive.  On a good day you’re paying about $1 for each container, which is pretty steep when you’re trying to save money.  I was thinking about it one day and I realized I could make the food pretty easily, and if I got something kinda like a frosting squeezer (wow, I have no idea what those are called) with a lid I’d be set!  And then I remembered that I wasn’t the only mother in the world and other penny-pinchers probably had the same idea so I wouldn’t have to resort to a frosting squeezer.

Enter The Squooshi.


Squooshis are exactly what I’ve been leading them up to be; they’re reusable squishy bags.  You twist on the cap, load up the bottom, seal the zip-lock, and you’re good to go!  I ended up ordering a set of 8 after reading all the reviews and checking out the competitors.  To make it even awesomer, they’re a small family company so if you buy their product you’re helping out some entrepreneurs!



What else makes them awesome, you ask?  Well.  They’re dishwasher safe.  They’re BPA free.  They’re easy to pour into (you just set it cap-down on the counter and pour).  They hold around 4 ounces, which is more than most of the one-use packs I’ve bought.  They freeze well.  And they come in awesome colors and patterns!
Six pack with a lion or a bluebird, or eight pack without?
Decisions are hard.
So for today’s Meatless Monday, I made some green smoothies for Stormageddon and threw them in the Squooshis.

I don’t really like green smoothies all that much, but I’m a better mother than I am an example and I like to make sure ‘Geddon’s getting the nutrients he needs.  Plus he’s too young to know that they’re gross.

For the veggie smoothie I blended 2 bananas (mine were frozen because I was out of fresh), 1 diced  zuchinni (or Italian Squash, as Sprouts pompously calls it), a handful of spinach, some water, and a splash of lemon juice (because the squeeze pack that I stole the ingredients from had it).



My fruit smoothie was even simpler: about 2 cups of frozen berry mix, a handful of spinach, and some water. 



And now I’ve got lots of veggie and fruit puree for the days when my little teether just doesn’t want to eat solid foods!  Thanks, Squooshi.  You’re awesome.



And no, I have no shame for blantantly advertising The Squooshi.  I think it’s an awesome product.  You should buy it.




No comments:

Post a Comment